Câu hỏi: How To Open A Bank Account In Vietnam As A Foreigner?
- 1 Can a tourist open a bank account in Vietnam?
- 2 How can I open a bank account in Vietnam?
- 3 How can a foreigner open a bank account?
- 4 Are banks in Vietnam safe?
- 5 What is the best bank for foreigners in Vietnam?
- 6 How much cash can I carry into Vietnam?
- 7 What is the biggest bank in Vietnam?
- 8 What US banks are in Vietnam?
- 9 Can I open a bank account as a tourist?
- 10 What documents are needed to open a bank account?
- 11 Is Citibank in Vietnam?
- 12 How many Vietnamese have bank accounts?
Can a tourist open a bank account in Vietnam?
1. Personal bank accounts in Vietnam for foreigners. According to the Circular 19/2016/TT-NHNN and 26/2017/TT-NHNN, a foreigner is only eligible to open a bank account, use bank cards and services if he or she is permitted to stay in Vietnam for longer than 12 months.
How can I open a bank account in Vietnam?
To open a bank account in Vietnam, you have to bring the following documents to a local branch:
- Your original passport.
- Your valid Vietnam visa or visa exemption.
- An application form.
- Minimum deposit.
- Work permit and work contract in case you enter Vietnam with working visa.
- Residential address in Vietnam.
How can a foreigner open a bank account?
You’ll Need an ID Foreign or not, applicants for a bank account must at least verify their name, date of birth, and physical address, say, from a utility bill. But if you’re foreign-born, you may need to offer more. These customers also need to show photo identification that includes a numeric identity.
Are banks in Vietnam safe?
There are many reliable banks in Vietnam and VietcomBank is one of them. For expats who wish to settle in Vietnam for several months to travel over a long period of time, do volunteering or even work, it is often recommended to open a bank account with a local Vietnamese bank.
What is the best bank for foreigners in Vietnam?
What are the best banks in Vietnam for foreigners?
- Saigon-Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB)
- Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank)
- Saigon Commercial Bank (SCB)
- Vietnam Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Maritime Bank)
- Vietnam Prosperity Joint-Stock Commercial Bank (VPBank)
How much cash can I carry into Vietnam?
How Much Cash Can I Carry into Vietnam? There are no restrictions on the amount of cash that travelers can bring into Vietnam, but it may have to be declared at customs. If the cash is in Vietnamese Dong, the individual can carry up to ₫15,000,000 without having to declare it.
What is the biggest bank in Vietnam?
- VietinBank $1.56 billion (32,661 billion VND)
- Agribank $1.39 billion (29,154 billion VND)
- Vietcombank $1.10 billion (23,174 billion VND)
- BIDV $1.10 billion (23,011 billion VND)
- Eximbank $0.59 billion (12,355 billion VND)
What US banks are in Vietnam?
There are five U.S. banks and financial institutions operating in Vietnam. Citibank and Far East National Bank have branches, Wells Fargo and Visa International have representative offices, and JP Morgan Chase has both a branch and a representative office.
Can I open a bank account as a tourist?
A foreigner can open a bank account in the US. Most small banks only allow US citizens and permanent residents to open up bank accounts. However, larger banks such as US Bank, TD Bank, Bank of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo will allow non-residents to set up a checking account and a savings account.
What documents are needed to open a bank account?
What do I need to open a bank account?
- At least two forms of government-issued photo identification, such as a valid driver’s license or passport.
- Social security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
- Utility bill with current address information.
Is Citibank in Vietnam?
Citi set its first footprint into Vietnam before 1975, and then started up a representative office in Hanoi in 1993. A year later, Citi became the first U.S financial institution licensed for branch opening and full branch establishment in Hanoi. In 1998, Citi opened the second branch in Ho Chi Minh City.
How many Vietnamese have bank accounts?
According to the State Bank of Vietnam’s statistics in 2020, 70 per cent of adults in Vietnam have a bank account, but nearly half of them do not have access to credit.