FAQ: How To Buy Train Tickets In Vietnam?
- 1 What are some ways to book train tickets?
- 2 Does Vietnam have a train system?
- 3 Does Vietnam have a good train system?
- 4 Is buying train tickets online cheaper?
- 5 What documents are required for train reservation?
- 6 How do I book a seat on a train?
- 7 What should I avoid in Vietnam?
- 8 How many days do you need in Ho Chi Minh?
- 9 How long is the train from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh?
- 10 How fast do trains go in Vietnam?
- 11 Can you travel from Portugal to Vietnam by train?
- 12 Is there a train from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?
What are some ways to book train tickets?
How to book a train ticket online: Step by step guide
- You can do online train tickets booking by logging into the IRCTC (a subsidiary of the Indian Railways) website directly or by seeking help from licensed IRCTC agents.
- After that, you have to select the source and destination stations.
- Select your preferred train.
Does Vietnam have a train system?
Vietnam’s air-conditioned trains are the ideal way for independent travellers to get around Vietnam. But it’s more than this, the train journey is a genuine Vietnamese experience, an integral part of your trip. Air-conditioned trains link Hanoi, Hué, Danang, Nha Trang, and Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City).
Does Vietnam have a good train system?
Operated by national carrier, Vietnam Railways (www.vr.com.vn), the Vietnamese railway system is an ageing but pretty dependable service, and offers a relaxing way to get around the nation. Travelling in an air-conditoned sleeping berth sure beats a hairy overnight bus journey along Hwy 1.
Is buying train tickets online cheaper?
It is much cheaper to buy train tickets online rather than at the ticket office, as you will normally only get pricier walk-up fares here.
What documents are required for train reservation?
- Voter Photo identity card issued by Election Commision of India.
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
- Driving Licence issued by RTO.
- Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/State Government.
How do I book a seat on a train?
Indian Railway Reservation on Paytm
- Select Source and Destination cities, Date of the journey, then click “Search” button.
- Choose your train and check seat availability for the same.
- Select the seat, class and date that suit you the best.
What should I avoid in Vietnam?
There are some things, however, that are best avoided.
- Tap water. Might as well start with the obvious one.
- Strange meat. We don’t mean street meat, as street food in Vietnam is amazing.
- Roadside coffee.
- Uncooked vegetables.
- Raw blood pudding.
- Cold soups.
- Dog meat.
How many days do you need in Ho Chi Minh?
With three days you’ll have ample opportunity to enjoy the best of Ho Chi Minh City and what makes it special. Despite the pace of the city, you won’t need to rush to make your way through our Ho Chi Minh City travel itinerary. Following this guide you’ll get to see many sides to the city of Saigon.
How long is the train from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh?
The railway from Danang station to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) station is about 935 Kilometers. There are 4 trains including SE1, SE3, SE5, SE7 and SE21 (which belong to Reunification Express train) on this route. They daily depart and takes about 16 hours (SE1) to 20,5 hours (SE21) (From Danang to Saigon or return).
How fast do trains go in Vietnam?
National railway company Vietnam Railways has proposed a high-speed rail link between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, capable of running at speeds of 300 km/h (186 mph).
Can you travel from Portugal to Vietnam by train?
Portugal to Vietnam by train will take you 12 to 13 days to complete, or approximately 327 hours, time zone changes included. Portugal to Vietnam by train will entail extensive hours on the train, the longest on this journey being six days, plus long layovers.
Is there a train from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?
you can travel by day or overnight sleeper + seat trains (SE1-SE11) of Vietnam Railways. you can also travel by Violette Express Train from Hanoi to Saigon. travel by train from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) takes about 32-37 hours. trains from Hanoi to Saigon depart from Hanoi Railway Station (120 Đường Lê Duẩn)